It's so easy to blow off someone and say they're just flag waving
brainwashed right wingers. On the flipside it's easy to blow off
someone and say someone is just an apologist, liberal, Birkenstock
wearing, in dibbed dude. Prolly works wonders for the patchoulie
wearing youth set who enjoy an occasionally bachannalia though.

But seriously- we aren't that simple and a lot of people may look
liberal or conservative not because it's their true convictions but
it's so damn convenient for them to be that way. I had 2 grandfathers
who served in the US Army during WW II (eventually both were in the
Bataan Death March). One escaped alive and was a partisan fighter and
continued his career as a Captain in the Korean War.

Today in my family, there is a Commander and a Lt. JG both active in
the US Navy. I served honorably in the US Army. I don't care about
self congratulating sensitive in dibbed wannabees who pose as
philosophers of our techno age.

In my city you'll see all religions and people who practice no
religions. The world is not all crystal rubbing new age freaks freash
from their Dianetics auditing.

I care about about this country that helped my family and friends
survive through thick and thin. Some dweeb will say hey, USA is
completely immoral (Well ok then, my god is a hamster and his children
is Congress). That's just as bad as radicals who say USA is entirely
no good. USA had 1st on women's sufferage, man on the moon, so much
more for new age dirt eaters brimming with blase, self-important,
clever, apathy to generalize.

I would challenge every apathetic blase snotnose to walk through my
neighborhood ghetto if they are in a bad mood. Let me see the dancing
bear hum out of it, instead of being an internet virtual warrior flamer.

How would they explain illegal immigrants coming here? Maybe- "Oh they
are here because we have a lot of corrupt businessmen who will pay
them next to nothing?" How about the quota of people trying to gain
asylum here??? Go look at any asylum seekers wish list of countries. I
would bet my assets right now USA is in the top 5.

USA works, not perfectly, it doesn't help to blow off the whole thing.
What is wrong with someone like you, raising a family, a veteran to
say you are here to honor those in the military? Absolutely nothing. I
think you saw something not entirely there. Don't get emotional over
hucksters.
--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Heath" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Here is my response to the comments floating around concerning
> Memorial Day and some of the comments....The link is to my full post
> not just the video because some of what I wrote down in the post has
> a bearing on the actual video.....I didn't want to make it
> the "Odessay"  ( I know, I know, I can't spell)  I hope it promotes
> dialog........
>
> http://batmangeek7.blogspot.com/2006/05/memorial-day-response.html
>
> Heath - Batman Geek
> http://batmangeek7.blogspot.com
>

> --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Markus Sandy <markus@>
> wrote:
> >
> > with respect heath
> > it was not my intent to anger or dis
> > we're talking about love here
> > one put out one point of view
> > i pointed out another
> > i am glad you will vlog it
> > i will watch and consider carefully
> >

> > Heath wrote:
> >
> > >Well as Vetern, I guess I can "chime" in..........Gotta be honest
> > >when I first read this I was pissed Markus.......so I waited a
> bit
> > >before I decieded to respond......you know what Casey is right
> this
> > >is a "video" blogging group so instead I will vlog about it....
> > >

> > >Heath - The Batman Geek
> > >http://batmangeek7.blogspot.com
> > >
> > >--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Markus Sandy <markus@>

> > >greater