well ipods need to be mp4 or H.264 encoded quicktime (mov, mp4, or
m4v).  PSPs can play mp4s, but I dont think there is an mp4
compression setting that is both Ipod/PSP friendly ... not sure
though.  Of course, all the windows handheld devices out there can
play windows media.

If you're already producing WMVs and are up to offering more than one
format, I'd suggest offering a  version in an iPod compatible format.
This a) gets you on the ipod and b) lets mac users who hate WMV play
the Quicktime version instead.

one thing to be careful about:  Some of those converting tools that
make quicktime movies, dont make them 'fast start' quicktime movies
... and thats kinda annoying.

--
http://www.DavidMeade.com
feed:  http://www.DavidMeade.com/feed