This report affirming much of  Eben Moglen's remarks
about 'prosumerism' at the recent isoc-ny meet, which I've put
at http://punkcast.com/964/ and that I can't over-recommend.

Prof. Moglen talks about how wrong many major media efforts to
co-opt the net into traditional modes of consumerism have been,
and points out Murdoch's purchase of MySpace as a major capitulation.

I remember explaining the  'Net to people, in the early days, - 'It's not like
television, it's more like the telephone, a global conference call."

Prof. Moglen gets positively gleeful as he notes that Bill Gates, hung up
on client-server in a P2P world, still doesn't get it.

joly

Andy wrote:

>To me, though, the most interesting part of the report focuses on
>online content publishing. Overall, 35% of Internet users - 48 million
>people - have posted content to the Internet.

             WWWhatsup NYC

Fireant Individual Typepad
Use Explains