partially agreeable.

the danger in having used the word "shallow" in the first place is that it implies judgement. I apologize for letting it come off like that. i have a specific interest in work i look for on other sites and that work is usually completly unlike my own for some reason.

if "good" and "worthy" are based on measurements that you've mentioned then my site for one, would not be considered either. the site attracts a smaller number, more specific viewer. i don't add to it regularly, and for myself, it feels half baked at times. i'm not that passionate about it, and don't think "passion" is a valid motivation anyways. i'm really not sure what i want my site be about or why. but  i still don't  think that  the meaning is there unless you put it there yourself either as viewer or maker. i'm saying that much of what i see is meaningless to ME. it often has much more import to the person who did it in the first place. i'm not saying that is wrong. if anything it may get you more viewers if you have the characteristics that attract others to view your work. self confident or even cocky or whatever. you could have some of the "worst" work online and still be so confident that others will be attracted to your vlog. if you don't give value or meaning to your OWN work then you are forced to live with that fact that all we really do is eat, sleep, reproduce, and then die. that's quite painful by itself. without meaning. you don't need me to validate your work at all.