It's a nice step from Dreamhost ! Whithin a few years, every serious hosting
service will have a media transcoding service included.

ffmpeg is quite robust and since this summer the flv support is quite good,
you can install it easily on your own dreamhost account also
http://www.catmindeye.com/media/2006/07/installing_ffmpeg_on_dreamhost.html!
With some tweaks, it support mp4 files. I have a test server (with a
ffmpeg converting tool) running on a "Crazy Domain" plan. And it works quite
well : http://dev.podesk.com/guest.php/

Bertrand

--
http://www.bertrandgondouin.net