Well I think fireant did get there before apple, before itunes had
podcast/video podcast support, but at the time there was no video ipod
so it didnt look like such a glaring ommision on Apples part.

Here in the UK the Zune is not available. I wonder whether Microsoft
will launch it internationally if it doesnt catch on too well in the USA.

Another coproprate player in this field is Sony, with an aggregator
that works with the PSP, but last time I checked it wasnt free, and
Sony have real problems joining up their strategy and building a media
portal that compares to itunes etc.

At the opposite end of the spectrum there is the opensource democracy
player and their channel guide (which is at
https://channelguide.participatoryculture.org/ ).

Any idea if the fireant directory will eventually be replaced by your
network2 stuff, or is this so far just a deal for the zune version of
fireants software?

Cheers

Steve Elbows

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "[chrisbrogan.com]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>