Thanks Sull for the background info.  Ironically the conversation
about collaboration has halted.

Someone posted the other day that we are in an "Age of Narcissusism".
 Maybe it is generally true that vloggers are self-driven, and that is
the reason community collaboration has been difficult.

The part that has always frustrated me about the level of community
participation is that it IS self-rewarding to contribute and
collaborate with various sites.

This Yahoo group is a perfect example...  How many people have a vlog
but remain lurkers here?  Those who post regularly have become "known"
in the community.  Technically, it is probably because of the urls in
their signatures.  The more the person post, the more they themselves
become known.

Posting comments on other vlogs or participating in other
directories/networks only expands the number of locations your site is
linked, which Google's page rank weights heavily.

I feel the same way about RSS and embedding of videos.  Put branding
at the beginning and the end and welcome all distribution.  If you are
fortunate, you may be able to generate income off video advertising.

Most Web-based rewards revolve around traffic... and participation
usually increases traffic.

-Matt
http://vlogmap.org

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, sull <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The closest efforts that I am aware of are ourmedia.org and node101.org.
>
> Ourmedia is still lost in orbit but I know there are some efforts to
do a
> relaunch/refocus.
>
> Node101... they succeeded in raising money from vloggercon ($20k?).
 But I
> do not know what the money will go towards in the coming year or if
there is
> an interest in funding software development etc. I'm not sure what
projects
> are in store at Node101.
>
> Else...
> A project that is not in and of itself a nonprofit organization but is
> hosted and supported by one is Videobloggers.org.... This was my
project in
> partnership with ibiblio.org.
> ibiblio does not have extra resources to help beyond the free
hosting (last
> i heard).
> I have on more than one occasion asked for help in
completing/relaunching