--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Ron Watson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hey guys.
>
> We are doing a DVD series, and are shooting lots of footage, much of
> which could be used later.
>
> I don't have a ton of HD space 240GB spread between 2 mac G4 laptops
> and 1 150 GB external HD, and that gets eaten up fast and is hard to
> manage when I am just dealing with DV.
>
> I am wondering what is my best bet for storing lots of video footage
> to be exported to DVD later. Keep in mind that the footage is humans
> throwing and dogs chasing Frisbees and is high motion.
>
> Ron Watson
> http://k9disc.blip.tv
> http://k9disc.com
> http://pawsitivevybe.com/vlog
> http://pawsitivevybe.com

Storage for HD tape is....... HD tape.

Log the footage so you don't have to load entire tapes to your drives.

Load it into your system using a program that records the timecode from the
tapes.

Edit the piece(s) in sections.

Finalize each piece and save the sequences/timelines so you can reload from HD.

otherwise,
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/videoblogging/message/53644

--
Bill C.