I suspect they're pushing the "suffer the children" line
because that's the method of attack being pushed by
the MPAA/RIAA lobbyists in their effort to cripple
the Internet. There's a bill sponsored by John
"selling my soul" McCain that pretends to be about
protecting children but may be intended to shut down
the Internet.

The other tactic lobbyists are trying to push is requiring
every document of the Net to be authorized for distribution
by its copyright holder, which is of course impossible
to thoroughly enforce, but the penalties are huge, so it
could cause a panic similar to how terrorism does --
not that MPAA/RIAA are terrorist organizations, of course...

Trying to shut people up about 9/11conspiracies
using the "suffer the children" tactic is new to me;
it kind of suggests there's some truth to the theories.