--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Enric" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Jay dedman" <jay.dedman@> wrote:
> >
> > http://www.boingboing.net/2007/01/06/ads_quietly_introduc.html
> >
> > Not sure if these ads are available to the public yet.
> > the example shown is an ad in a "Charlie Rose" episode..which is
> > non-commercial on TV.
> >
> > jay
> >
> > --
> > Here I am....
> > http://jaydedman.com

> considered a subtle commercial (rather than the blaring 30sec to 1min
> commercials.)
>
> What I find interesting is that the commercials are in the middle of
> conversations.  So that if you want to hear the end of an idea being
> discussed, you have to wait for the commercial to end.  In some ways
> that's more intrusive.
>
>   -- Enric
>   -======-
>   http://www.cirne.com

"Charlie Rose is sponsored by..." is a part of the actual tape.  Those
ridiculously-placed
ads are a completely different source of revenue.  There's no way they asked
anyone @
Charlie Rose where to place those ads, because they put it over where he was
introducing
his first guest.  Right while he's saying how fantastic she is, it fades to
black and runs the
commercial, then when it fades back, it doesn't return to the exact same place
where it left
for the commercial.  Whatever else Charlie said about her is completely lost.

I remember Charlie Rose being 99 cents per show on Google Video.  I guess this
is their
way of making it free for the public to view, accepting outlandish advertising
schemes like
that.

--
Bill C.