yes, this is good advice.

I would recommend doing this to save some money and get as much space
as possible.

Another great place to look a HDDs is www.newegg.com they have great
deals on internal and external drives (as well as enclosures if you
go with an bare drive)

I stick to the major manufacturers like Seagate, Western Digital,
Hitachi (people argue brand a lot but they all have good drives and
not as good). I have three external enclosures, all different off
brand makes and none give me any trouble; but I'm sure I'm just lucky
so far with those.

-Lan
www.LanBui.com