> Hey I just wanted to let you all know that I followed in Jay and
>  Ryanne's footsteps and joined the Podtech Network this week. It's
>  probably a very similar deal that they got--I have creative freedom to
>  do what I want with my stuff, it's a licensing deal so I get to keep
>  ownership of my stuff. And they're paying me. Which is way cool. It's
>  a good feeling to think that someone liked your stuff enough to pay
>  you to do something that you really love doing. I really dig the folks
>  at Podtech (I got to hang with them this past week at the Bloghaus at
>  CES) and I think that they are doing the business side of this stuff
>  the right way. The process was relatively painless and I got great
>  help from Morty Wiggins from OuThink who has loads of experience
>  dealing with all aspects of the entertainment business.
>  (http://www.outhink.com) And I got legal help from Colette Vogele who
>  literally wrote the book on Podcasting and the law (I'm serious!
>  Google it!). Her web site is here: http://vogelelaw.com

I want to stress the need to have people on your side when negotiating any deal.
Ryanne and I also had Morty and Colette help us negotiate our deal.
this helped us make sure we retained all the rights to our work.
I know Morty has been talking with different places that are licensing content.

if anyone wants to email Morty....just ping me offlist.

Jay

[Disclosure: I do contracting work for outhink/spinxpress.]

--
Here I am....
http://jaydedman.com