Cool I'll try to help that, but in the meantime I'll waffle about it
here in an attempt to clarify what I think might be true on these issues.

A service being allowed to sell your content is obviously a big thing,
and probably merits its own distinct question.

When it comes to licensing, it depends what sort of terms we mean and
other people think of. But at the same time I dont want to
overcomplicate it.

Well take blip, lets see if Ive remembered their position and T&C
correctly. They allow their partners to use your videos, but only
non-comercially. Its easier to imagine why they want this right, than
o try to work out what non-commercial actually means, This is an
ambiguity in creative commons licenses too, with no end in sight other
than some sor tof mutually agreed possible moral framework for whats
deemed ok or not ok.

To use a load of inapropriate metaphores, we could think of peoples
videos as being the blood, and blip as the body. Both need eachother,
all is well, based on the concept that blip is decent. They wont
prostitute your work for profit, but they and their partners may flash
it in the window from time to time to attract attention to both the
body and the blood. Well I dont know if thats quite right, just typing
as I think as usual, and no Im not suggesting such wording for the
guide :p

Now Im thinking about the word sell, and the concept of selling your
work. I guess even that can mean many different things. Selling access
to watch it, selling it on DVD, selling rights to it, selling rights
to slow it on TV, selling rights to advertise on it, seslling
exclusivity. OK ok Im needlessly overcomplicating a nice
straightforward idea, waffle ends now lol.

Cheers

Steve Elbows