I liked the 'mash ups' of the (I'm assuming) public domain
video clips (statue of liberty flyby, newspaper men, etc)
from circa 1950/1960 etc..

Can you comment on how you found those clips in the archives?
Or was it brute force by watching a bunch & taking notes
for possible use later?

I have used these types of clips also however it's rather
time consuming to find the kind of clips I want to put where
I want to put them etc.

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck Olsen"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Speaking of copyright!
>
> This week I put my entire documentary feature film online.
> It's called "Blogumentary" and it documents the rise of political
> and personal blogs, from the early days up through the
> Iraq War and Dan Rather's downfall - not to mention a
> bloggy love story or two. Think of it as a collection of
> vlog videos woven together into a 65-minute film.
>
> http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8920472176280937346
> or: http://tinyurl.com/yv47ar
>
> People have often asked me if they could watch the film online.
> Up until now, no. There's a fair amount of copyrighted
> material in the film, particularly music. This is what's prevented
> me from putting it online, trying to sell DVDs, or even promoting
> it all that much.
>
> Now, in the YouTube era, I'm not as worried. So I'm taking a chance
> and putting the whole thing online, with the disclaimer that it's
> intended for non-profit educational use only. I'm sincere about
that;
> I do hope this will make it easy for educators to show new media
> and journalism students. That's probably the most likely audience.
>
> If you're linking it on your blogs, feel free to link to
blogumentary.org