Thanks a lot, Andre.   Checking out EyeTV at the Apple Store.  Why
didn't I think of that?  Because I'm an idiot.

Right now, I think I'm headed in the Windows direction, though.  It
seems like the best fit.  If it weren't for this, I wouldn't have any
part of their attempt to extort billions more dollars from people who
don't know any better (and while they're at it, force those same
people to buy new boxes to cope with Vista's ridiculous system
requirements).

But TVTonic looks very cool, and just what I'm looking for, so
that'll sweeten the pill.   :-D  Good work

Rupert