Problem is, when a local disaster happens and there's no place to find
out what to do, no central place broadcasting information.

What recourse to citizens have when something like that happens?

And it has. Already. In Minot, ND. Here's where I heard about it:
http://tinyurl.com/2c54gy

Do folks get to sue Clear Channel? The FCC? I wonder...

My guess is that television news will attempt not to pay "local
content harvesters". They will re-create "reality programming". Cheap.
Fast.

Jan

--
The Faux Press - better than real