this is not a good thing.....it's not, don't be fooled.....what if
a "story" get's picked up nationaly?  do you retain ownership of your
video or story?  I would say not.  that and the fact that we already
have issue of personal bias in the news, let anyone and everyone
in....you are asking for trouble.....I may not like the coverage all
the time and I may not like certain aspects of MSM....but this reeks
of a publicity stunt and a way to pocket money while hosing creaters
and possibly doing harm in the process.  Like someone else said what
about emergency"s, right now here in Cincinnati we are getting
hammered with ice and snow.....Personaly I would rather have someone
who's "real" job it is to cover that not some guy with a camera.....

Heath
http://batmangeek7.blogspot.com

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, WWWhatsup <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> TONIGHT AT 11, NEWS BY NEIGHBORS
> [SOURCE: San Francisco Chronicle 2/11, AUTHOR: Joe Garofoli]
> Clear Channel's KFTY-TV in Santa Rosa (CA) has fired most of its
news-gathering staff and, over the next few months, will be asking
people in the community -- its independent filmmakers, its college
students and professors, its civic leaders and others -- to provide
programming for the station. Will they be paid? That's being worked
out. Who will cover the harder-edged stories? Some will be culled
from local newspaper and TV online sites and "other sources" that are
still being discussed. "There will be a loss in local coverage, I'm
not going to lie to you," says a Clear Channel executive. "But there
are a lot of other places to get most of that information."
> http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?
f=/c/a/2007/02/11/MNGDEO2QOA1.DTL&hw=KFTY+TV