I couldn't agree more with Schlomo on this one.  Vlogging removes
the "gatekeepers" but traditional media tries to trap new talent.
When you buy into "them", you won't feature the really interesting,
different and fabulous things in your own life because you have been
brainwashed to think "most popular" is best.

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "schlomo rabinowitz"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This is how most of us started, Heath.  Just like you:  created
video,
> met other creators, been enriched by our collective experiences.
>
> On the issue of money:  I don't think I know of any example of
> money-making that did not involve a lot of knocking on doors.  These
> dollars don't knock on my door, I knock on their door.  Everyone:
Bre
> with Make Magazine to independent producers like Kent, Andrew, and
Tim
> Street had to go talk to those to hold the pursestrings; not the
other
> way around.  Heck, you even need a sponsor to believe in you for
Have
> Money Will Vlog.
>
> On your most recent video, you talk about how you just made a video
> for thelot.com, a filmmaking contest born-and-bred in Hollywood,
> brewed in an agents office, made because of the hyped buzzwords of
> User Generated Content (whee!).
>
> Personally, I think these contests abuse the very concepts that make
> podcasting interesting.  They strip all of the goodness away and
just
> leave the idea that Hollywood is the best way to be creative.   Or
> something to that effect.  Just rubbish.
>
> But then, if you, Heath, ran around say DragonCon (or come out to
San