If that is the case and your mic's connectors/plugs are mono....

<http://www.musik-schmidt.de/osc-schmidt/catalog/images/Die_Hard_Adapter_Mono_Mini_Klinkenbuchsen_Stereo_Mini_Klinkenstecker.jpg>
Radio Shack used to have these. I think Mono was Black moulded plastic
(stereo mini - 2 mono mini "L-R") and the stereo was a red molded plastic.
<http://www.musik-schmidt.de/osc-schmidt/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=16966>

<http://secure.netsolhost.com/517570.528225/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=NAOFV&Product_Code=ST35PY2LR35J&Category_Code=CAMSND>
The adapter does not weigh a pound, more like a ounce. No real added
weight to camera.

I think you are in LA...
<http://www.equipmentemporium.com/videoaudio.htm>
Second to the last: "st mini plug to L/R mini jacks     $7.50
Y-cable separates stereo mini into left mono mini jack and right mono
mini jack."

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Cammack" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>