Hey there,

I just picked up a Xacti C40 a couple weeks ago as my MiniDV didn't
like the cold weather (upwards of -30c). Like you I used a wideangle
lens on my MiniDV.

On the plus side I like the Xacti for it's small size, crisp video -
even in low light and file format (.MP4). It's menu system is also
easy to navigate.
The sound is not all that great and I wish it had a threaded lens too.

With regards to low light, I do quite a few vlogs at night from "The
Cabana", which is lit with a 100watt light bulb. I push the ASA to
1600 and I think it looks quite good, better then my MiniDV.

I have lots of samples on my vlog, but note that it took me a few
tries to get things the way I want.

I would recommend the Xacti C40 as a secondary camcorder as the price
is cheap and the video is good.

Mike
http://vlog.mikemoon.net