We discussed this at the Podcamp Toronto, but I think it's worth
discussing here, in this group.

As a vlogger, we spend our time filming, editing and posting our
vlogs. We invest our time to our hobby.
On the other side of the coin, our viewers also invest their time in
watching and commenting.

We, as vloggers, bloggers, podcasters have the responsibility to keep
producing vlogs or at least tell our viewers why we've stopped or
when/if we'll be getting back into it.

I know of a bunch of vlogs that I use to follow, but the creator has
just stopped. Perhaps they got bored, hit by a bus or maybe it's
equipment issues. Regardless what the reason is, I want to know why
they've stopped. A simple post would be nice.

If you normally do a daily show and then decide you can't keep up with
that schedule, then let the viewers know. If you normally post on a
Thursday, but you're away for a couple weeks, let your viewers know.
If you are going to shelf the whole idea or vlogging, it'd be great if
you could recommend other sites your viewers could visit instead.

If you are a vlogger and have come into a creative block, let your
users know. "You know, I just don't feel like doing a show this week,
so instead I'd like to offer you a best-of show". A change of scenery
might be all that it takes. If you have a vlog about horror movies and
you're tired of talking about slashers, maybe you could start talking
about chick-flicks or other genre. Heck, even Star Trek had spin offs.

Anyhow... just remember that the time you, as a vlogger, are investing
in creation, there are others who are also investing their time in
watching.

Mike
http://vlog.mikemoon.net