I became totally distracted whilst watching his video because his
beard seemed to be lopsided!

This reminds me that one reason I originalyl loved the concept of
vlogging is it can smash through the unreal world of mass media where
your face normally needs to fit, only beautiful people need apply etc.

Ahh just wait till more Birts get online, then see how the American
stereotype of Brits having bad teeth is, erm, re-enforced!

Anyway being from the UK and not particularily observant, Ive never
heard of Mossburg before but it seemed like an interesting article.
His focus on TV possibly confused what the term videoblog might mean,
ie there was no mention of blogging, and I felt he perhaps overstated
Apple's role in things a tad. I mean I guess iTunes helped Rocketboom
but Im sure it was already popular before then, and Id always like to
see alternative desktop aggregators mentioned (to be honest I thought
there'd be more of those by now!). Do sites/services generally have to
be pro-active to get a mention from the likes of Mossburg? Whilst the
focus on the TV show aspect of things means its maybe understandable
sites like Mefeedia dont get mentioned, but then again not everything
on blip is a show, hmmmm.

Cheers

Steve Elbows

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "schlomo rabinowitz"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Yeah, most press I've gotten doesnt usually bring all that much
change in
> traffic, except for the couple times on NPR because....drum roll,
> please...they actually link to content!!!
>
> Not even the SF Chronicle links to my site when they write about me,
which
> is weird since they consider themselves techy.
>
> Congrats to all!  I love Mossburgs collumns and being noted by him
is a very
> good thing in my book.
>
> Schlomo
> http://schlomolog.blogspot.com
> http://webshots.com/is/spotlight
> http://hatfactory.net
> http://evilvlog.com
>

> On 3/6/07, Bill Streeter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >   Thats been my experience. Print media doesn't really do a whole hell
> > of a lot for traffic, and what it does bring doesn't last long. It
> > does bring other benefits though.
> >
> > I had one minor bit of experience with mainstream radio, and
> > television both brought small spikes in traffic.
> >
> > I was interviewed for local television last week, this will be a
> > longer form interview (for local news-thats 3 minutes). Which is due
> > to be broadcast next week. It'll be interesting to see what kind of
> > traffic that generates.
> >
> > I would expect that this kind of press would be better for Blip than
> > the individual vlogger, since Blip is a business and a service that
> > people who read the WSJ might be more interested in.
> >
> > Bill Streeter
> > LO-FI SAINT LOUIS
> > www.lofistl.com
> > www.billstreeter.net
> >
> > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com
<videoblogging%40yahoogroups.com>,
> > "Josh Leo" <joshleo@> wrote:
> > >
> > > I got like maybe 2 emails from people and not that big of a spike
> > in hits to
> > > my site at all... would have been nice if he linked to the blogs
> > but, oh
> > > well... it looks nice to say mossberg likes me.

> > You

<videoblogging%40yahoogroups.com><videoblogging%

videoblogging@yahoogroups.com<videoblogging%40yahoogroups.com><videoblogging%