On Mar 19, 2007, at 4:21 PM, Gena wrote:

> I try to limit how much crap I can stand in one day. Today, not so
>  good. I feel barfy. I was reading the article about Steven Bocho's
>  stepping into internet video and he sees it as a diversion. That's
>  what Bocho sees or has come to understand about Internet video.
>
>  And how do you divert the masses quickly? According to him it is sex.
>  I'm not against sex. I am not against videos about sex, that included
>  sex or even if there is no sex at all.
>
>  My point is that it is hard for many people to have an expanded
>  vision. Most people think YouTube is vlogging. That's what the news
>  media and a bunch of other sites that post YT videos tell people.
>
>  There is a lot of education/information exchanging that has to take
>  place with the non-blogging public. Unfortunately, the news media and
>  others are putting there imprint on what they want to perceive as
>  blogs/vlogs. When I do presentations people are surprised when I show
>  them a variety of blogs and non YT vlogs. I hear it all the time "I
>  didn't know!" "How long has this been going on?"
>
>  Another thing to consider is time is fractured. Most people tend to
>  allocate what time they have available with and growing set of
> resources.
>
>  Good vlogs are not easy to find for novice users. You have to have the
>  right players on the system. Bandwidth issues. And even if you send
>  them the link they are too embarrassed to tell you they don't know how
>  to view the video.
>
>  In closing, I hold dear that statement that Barry Diller gave as few
>  months ago and is buried in the archive.
>
>  A quote from InterActiveCorp CEO Barry Diller:
>
>  > There is not that much talent in the world, and talent always outs.
>  > There are very few really talented people in closets that don't get
>  > out. When we are talking about mass audience, which is the system of
>  > entertainment we have known for some time, when you are really
>  making a television program or a game there will be relatively few
>  people [able to do that] because there is simply not enough talent.
>  That may be a birdbrained statement, but it is mine.
>  >
>  > "People with talent and expertise at making entertainment products
>  are not going to be displaced by 1,800 people coming up with their
>  videos that they think are going to have an appeal."
>
>  I continue to live (and blog/vlog)in defiance!
>
>  Gena
> http://outonthestoop.blogspot.com
> http://pcclibtech.blogspot.com
>
>  --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Rupert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  >
>  > Yeah, and this weekend I listened to an extremely intelligent, well-
>  > respected man telling me that man-made global warming was a myth,
>  > presumably just because he wanted to provoke a response / have an
>  > iconoclastic opinion. I didn't rise to that, either.
>  >
>  > These aren't really provocative - they're shallow subjective
> [...]

Hi Gena,

I was stuck waiting for the dentist for 45 minutes and so I pulled out
my phone and checked my email to bide the time.

I saw your reply on this thread and my heart soared because I knew my
wait would at least contain some good reading.

I just wanted to take a moment and say thanks for all the great emails
you write.

As the groups discusses "success" in terms of viewers, I often marvel
at how many folks seem to miss the myriad ways that people succeed with
vlogging.

Your wonderful emails are one of many.

markus

--