Agreed! In fact, we (meaning Mefeedia) see a LOT of our traffic
coming from non-U.S. I am not sure exactly what this means -
meaning, is there more demand for videoblog content internationally,
or is it because they are not allowed to get the U.S.-only content,
except through pirated means? Any thoughts on this from our
international users here?

Frank Sinton
CEO, Mefeedia
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.mefeedia.com - Find, Watch, and Share great videoblogs
and podcasts.
Our blog: http://mefeedia.com/blog

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Watkins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Agree with your observations. Its hard to tell from the press
release
> but I assume they may well lmit some or all of it to US only due to
> the complexities of international media rights, for example that
many
> of these US series are shown on UK TV much later, and the UK
companies
> that pay a lot for the broadcast rightss arent likely to be
chuffed if
> the stuff was already available to watch online first.
>
> This international angle is one area where forward-thinking new
media
> could have the upper hand for ages, if traditional media cant
escape
> the shackles of the international broadcast rights marketplace.
>
> Cheers
>
> Steve Elbows
>
> --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Sinton" <frank@>
wrote:

> > This will be interesting to watch, of course.
> >
> > A couple of comments:
> >
> > 1) US only? They only mentioned US. As we all know, online video
is
> > a lot more than just the US.
> > 2) They are calling this a "strategic alliance" rather than
a "joint
> > venture", probably to try to avoid being labeled the next
Movielink,