How to explain this concept to someone who's got a 5-second attention span
and 30 minutes to pee, wash up and eat?

My solution has been to offer :05 tasty snippets and hope it sinks in over
time.

I'm trying to reach the technical crew, few of whom seem much interested.

Those who are initially interested get frightened that this kind of
contentmaking will foul up their careers.

They're scared shitless. But then, film sets increasingly operate with an
undercurrent of fear, and it gets worse with every passing day.

This movement supports part of the fear.

Jan

On 3/23/07, Adrian Miles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> around the 21/3/07 c rule mentioned about [videoblogging] Re: My two
> cents that:
> >My point is that working online as a filmmaker has been incredible in
> terms
> >of inspiration and opportunities...and meeting such a diverse group of
> >people. My other point is that the "stiff" upper brow types are looking.
> >They do look. And they are starting to acknowledge this form with
> >validation. How can they not?!
>
> absolutely, and to summarise the various responses: having an online
> identity can promote/showcase your practice, while it is also
> valuable to recognise that videoblogging is not TV or cinema and so
> the sorts of work you might make, and why, can be quite different.
> Obviously if I have my heart on making 90 min cinema drama then
> online might not work for me, though it coudl certainly be a place
> where I show I have the ability....
> --
> cheers
> Adrian Miles
> this email is bloggable [ ] ask first [ ] private [x]
> vogmae.net.au

The Faux Press - better than real
http://fauxpress.blogspot.com