Yes that would be nice for previews but I was also thinking of
watching ntire shows through a map interface. The wii news service on
slidshow mode is a good comparison, just lacking the video bit. The
map would move around to the next video, play the whole thing in a
window superimposed over the map, then when the video ends it will
move to the next video, and move the map accordingly.

But maybe it does work better with short stuff like twitter.

Im starting to think that twitter really is a networked version of
mobile text messaging, and texting on phones sure is popular.

Would a video version of short text messages, ie extremely short video
messages or snapshots of a moment, catch on? Not actually seen proof
that this will happen yet but yeah, its certainly worth a go, if I
were a VC then Id throw money at that.

Im hopeful I might be able to get my hands on a N95 on Monday or
Tuesday, would certainly make my participation in vlogweek more of a
cert. Byhaving a pocketpc-based mobile for a few years Ive become
isolated from what sorts of things the masses have as mobiles, so
although the N95 is pretty high-end Im looking forward to getting onto
a platform that is more widespread. I just hope it doesnt crash or be
slow to respond as much as one or 2 people on the net have suggested
it might.

Cheers

Steve Elbows
--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Meiser"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]
> hart of videoblogging's success.
>
> The closest thing I've come to seeing twitter for video is how Jan of
> Faux Press posts her tiny little poor quality videos to her vlog from
> her nokia phone.
>
> Maybe there's a huge opportunity here. Maybe someone needs to make a
> txtamerica or a twitter for video....  how about video dodgeball?  A
> movlogging network.  One that is aimed PURELY at the niche of mobile
> video.  Maybe the market is near ready?
>
> Are there enough people out there with video phones?
>
> The key would be to give users a mobile vlog which would accept video
> only from phones... and where you could subscribe to other members
> feeds.
>
> Extremely simple. Extremely twitter of video.
>
> The same thing could be said of flickr...
>
> The key is to make it exclusively for movlog content... if the video
> can only come from phones... then it'll mean it's live up-to-the
> minute telepresence video... no delays... as close to realtime as
> web-time gets. If the content was fresh and you could be assured of
> opening your phone and finding videos from only minutes earlier from
> your friends on this service it would be quite fun and interesting.
> The key is... is there a critical mass of mobile-vloggers..  or should
> I say... people with mobile video phones... I imagine this would
> appeal to many people who have mobile video phones whom aren't even
> using them.
>
> So... there... there;s that... Sometime in the next three years there
> will be atleast four mobile video social networks to recieve vc
> funding.  Mark my words. It's the business plan of tomorrow.
>
> Peace,
>
> -Mike
>
> On 3/30/07, sull <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Jeroen was working on adding flv support from feeds into his
project at
> > MappedUp.com
> > Keep an eye out.
> > I'll ask him how its coming along.
> >
> > On 30 Mar 2007 11:59:26 -0700, Steve Watkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > >   I love this stuff to bits, love the way twittervision works, even
> > > though Im not a fan of twitter itself really, my fractured
> > > concentration span doesnt want things broken down into chunks quite
> > > that small.
> > >
> > > Have dreamed of a vlogmap on steroids for a while, would love to see
> > > an animated version of that with videos embedded in the map.
> > >
> > > Twingly floats my boat a lot too but I do so much prefer browser
based
> > > crossplatform stuff.
> > >
> > > When I used silly phrases like 'seeing stuff across time and
space' in
> > > the past, these are the sort of things I meant, although
possibly with
> > > more control over time, so the first service to offer a map
mashed up
> > > with a timeline, animtaed, with embedded video, wins some sort of
> > > 'elbows not moaning for once, but congratulating' award.

<videoblogging%40yahoogroups.com>,

Twitter than

http://www.twitter.com/

aggregating the