the O'Reilly draft code of conduct is based loosely on the blogher one isn't
it (he mentions this at
http://radar.oreilly.com/archives/2007/04/draft_bloggers_1.html)

http://blogher.org/community-guidelines
this is a good one "We won't say anything online that we wouldn't say in
person."

I think the proposal's alright actually. I wish more message boards/irc
systems/maillists had this in the past, though they also tend to be
self/community moderated online systems which even out after a while.
obviously not everyone will follow the guidelines anyway, and there's always
the flyby posters but the guidelines seem pretty commonsense/logical to me
as they are. not sure I'll feel the need to add a badge to any of my
sites/communities I'm part of but I don't see anything too unusual there.
maybe some parents might like the badged sites as ok for younger readers?

kath

---

--
http://www.aliak.com