I am on Verizon Wireless, and at <2 bars of reception at our home, we
get anywhere from 2k per second to 20k.

In town it screams. I'll have to get an accurate data rate, but it is
quite fast. Not quite open cable modem speeds, but pretty close to DSL.

I'll try to get into town and give you some figures. It's definitely
worth looking into.

Cheers,
Ron