Yeah, Steve.  Stupid of me to say Comedy as well as Drama.  Drama is
poor generally but we have good comedy, still.

Office, Boosh, Spaced, Black Books, Peter Kay, have been some of the
best TV I've seen... It is interesting, though, that they all last
very few episodes compared to US series.  And most of them are on the
secondary channels, getting very low audience share until quite late
on, if ever.

My point about US drama was not that it's not here and not hyped - it
is - my point was just that it's not allowed on the big channels.
Lost was shown on Channel 4, which always has a low audience share
and is allowed more US exports under its license.  Because they
couldn't afford to keep it, season 3 has gone to Murdoch on Sky 1,
which is unregulated and also has a low audience share.  Ditto 24,
which was originally shown on minority channel BBC 2.  With 2-3
million viewers.  (I got half of that for my short documentaries
about real women called Bridget Jones!)  And I remember it was the
same with Twin Peaks 10 years ago - they just aren't allowed to
compete with the (IMO) lower quality UK drama fare that's pumped out
on the big channels.  Thus we don't have to raise our game.  Anyway.

Rupert
http://twittervlog.blogspot.com/
http://www.twitter.com/ruperthowe/
http://feeds.feedburner.com/twittervlog/