Yeah.  It's funny that it's getting so much attention.  Live stuff
comes around as The Next Big Thing every year, it seems.

But surely it complements, rather than replaces, recorded media.
It's just another tool to be able to use cheaply and easily, and
increasingly in a Web 2 kind of way.

It's interesting to watch when it's a tech innovation - like Steve
using his N95 - and if it's someone who has a large audience or
readership a certain number are going to tune in...

But really, my wife just looked over my shoulder at the video of that
guy driving and she then looked at me with such pity and confusion
that I find it hard to imagine the general public really getting into
watching some dude drive round Hawaii house hunting in large
numbers.  Unless they've got a LOT of time on their hands, they're
going to prefer edited and directed material most of the time.  But
the live roaming interactivity of it is pretty cool.

Yeah - I could have done with this when I was in my suit job,
conducting teleconferences with investors in the US - showing them
our management and facilities in real time would have been amazing.

And I can see myself using it with my family across the world.   Like
our videoblogging FlashMeetings.

On the other hand, you could say that at its core this stuff is just
about wireless webcams, which are used in these ways already - and
how many of us actually tune in to random webcams for more than a
minute or so?  Unless there's someone stripping at the other end.  Or
so I hear.

Rupert
http://twittervlog.blogspot.com/
http://www.twitter.com/ruperthowe/