Looks like its being reviewed in the UK at the moment, and would apply
to vlogs as well I guess:

http://www.mcps-prs-alliance.co.uk/playingbroadcastingonline/online/Podcasting/Pages/podcasting.aspx

"Use of music in a digital recording of an audio or audio-visual
programme, made available on the Internet for downloading to a
personal player.

We are in the process of reviewing the Podcasting licensing schemes
following feedback from both members and licensees. Until new schemes
are available we are arranging interim agreements. "

I went sniffing around that site a bit more and there were all sorts
of different licences which a UK vlogger might want to explore, eg
'production music' which covers fee's for using music thats in a
specific library for use by tv shows etc. Costs are quite high, eg
£196 for one 30 second clip.

In the past Ive generally assumed that such license things are too
expensive or complex to be worth looking at, so I shall be very
interested to see if a sanely priced podcasting/video podcasting
license emerges anywhere.

USA equivalents include:

http://www.ascap.com/weblicense/

http://bmi.com/newmedia/entry/C1170

It all gets a bit messy on the net because traditionally there are
performance rights, to play the music in public, and there are
mechanical rights, to make copies of the music. A podcast can be seen
as requiring both. And the rights organisations only really cover
their own members work, so you still need to check carefully whether
you can use specific works.

Cheers

Steve Elbows