Dave carried the idea into today's posts, mentioning Steve by name.  I
decided to weigh in over there.

But here, let me just ask this question:  What would this conversation
be about if Cho had used the distribution of the web that we all
cherish?  There wouldn't be any discussion about NBC and the mass
media controlling the story, because Cho's intention would be so
widely distributed and uncontrolled right now as to be unstoppable.

Ultimately, if Cho understood more of what the social revolution of
the web is about, with its strength of decentralized distribution, his
intent of getting his videos seen by the world would have already been
realized.  Vloggers get that.  Cho was decidedly NOT one of us.

Just a thought.

Carter
http://crowdabout.us