i have sat in many editorial news meetings deciding what is going to go into
a story.

NBC did its job in showing parts of the video on the news.
it's not the reporters job to decide what's tasteful or proper
it's not their job to protect the public or the victims from anything
their only job is to tell the story as accurately and truthfully as possible

NBC was in its right to do this just as the families of the victims are
right to
say how much they hate NBC for doing it and for refusing to go on tv in
protest.

http://geekentertainment.tv