--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Sinton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I like Joost, but the question i keep asking about these "players":
> Why aggregate on the Desktop / Player? It just feels like the player
> will eventually be ubiquitous - you will play your media on whatever
> device you are currently on - Desktop, iPod, XBox 360, Car TV,
> Airplane TV - whenever you want access to what you want to watch,
> you will be able to get it.

There are at least two benefits for Joost in sending the videos
through their own player:

1: You never get to download the videos, so you have to keep coming
back to Joost to see that video.  That leads to a better ability to
account for how many views a particular video or channel gets.

2: They can place those ridiculous ads wherever they want to.  They
wouldn't be able to do that if you were watching Joost videos in
Quicktime player or on your iPod.

--

Bill C.
http://VlogDeathmatch.com