I couldn't agree with Bill Streeter more insofar as monopods are
inexpensive and really help stabilize video, especially when zooming
--which magnified each movement.

I have two actually.  I couldn't resist buying one very new and unique
one which is an "affordable step down" from those things you put
around your body to get steady pictures while running with someone, etc.

It's Manfrotto #560B and is made in Italy.  It is the first monopod
that havs three small feet and a ball swivel which allows you to
follow a moving person with an even slow & steady motion while they
are walking or running.

I had to pay $159.00 at B&H.  The salesman told me that it had only
been out a few weeks at the time (I'm guessing since the beginning of
this year).  He also said that he's sold one to every person he had
shown it tol

They don't work on commission there & I'm glad he showed it to me.  He
knew I was working with a $2000.00 Sony AIU larger camera and a HC42
Sony mini-DV.

I have the tiny Samsung to literally carry in my pocket which is great
in bright light & close up sound but my favorite is the HC42 which is
now developing problems because of such heavy use.

I sent it off for repair last December & they fixed it under the
warranty I had purchased.  But it took them a full month to return it
to me.

I bought a new Canon Mini-DV that takes a plug-in mike yesterday which
takes a plug-in mike yesterday because I want to decent small camera
with a plug in mike while my HC42 is off for repair.

It only cost $279.  ZR800 is the Canon model number.  I haven't opened
it up and started working with it yet.

I discovered a few other things about plug in connectors for my Sony
HC42 that I never knew existed.  I'll make that a different posting.

I've been so busy filming great stuff, I haven't had time to even
check my email for days at a time.  I hope to be able to make one of
the Flash Conferences on Sat & Tuesday but have just been too busy
taking care of a dyi8ng friend and other pressing things.

Randolfe (Randy) Wicker
Hoboken, NJ 07030
Find my vlogs using "Randolfe" as a search at Blip, Veoh and/or YouTube.
201-656-3280