Kent and I are working on a project called politicalvideo.org.
We are capturing the 2000 George Bush videos on whitehouse.gov...and
will post them to the site so people can use  in their own work.

Its pretty amazing actually.
the White House has posted almost every single public event Bush has
been at, and they porvide transcripts!

But they are in streaming format so not easy to grab and use in your own work.
We need several volunteers to help us download the videos. We have
scripts to automate the process, but need available machines that are
online 24 hours a day.

You should be fairly geeky because youll need to install MPlayer.
we have the instructions etc.
we have 2 volunteers already...a couple more and we'll grab all the
videos quickly.

the goal here is to provide videobloggers with source material to use
in their own work.
it'll all be searchable.

Jay

--