Hi everyone:

On 6/11/07, Steve Watkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Im sure many people consider that violence is in itself the strongest
>  form of bad publicity.

Yes and we need to turn the tables back onto them.  In other words,
expose their violent ways and plans so they can be dealt with by
proper authorities BEFORE they strike next year.

>  There are those who genuinely believe in a cause but resort to actions
>  that hamper the cause.

And there are those who are just plain STUPID enough to not see any
other way which DOES NOT hamper the cause.

>  There is also the concept of the Agent Provocateurs:
>
>  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agent_provocateur
>
>  The state, as the only entity which has 'the legitimate right to
>  commit violence', finds it rather easy to deal with opponents who
>  resort to violence, it makes it so easy to crush and discredit the
>  opponents.

Unfortunately it is this viewpoint which the mainstream public sees
since it's been proven time and time again to the mainstream public
that activists, no matter how well-intended they are, simply CANNOT be
a sustained self-policing community.

(Note when I say "they", I refer to the mainstream public's view of us
political activists)

This image has to be changed.  I dunno how.  But we've got to start
somewhere.  And if it means using the power of the Internet and our
blogs/videoblogs/podcasts, then I say SO BE IT.

We've got to DO SOMETHING peoples.  And the DNC next year right here
in Denver is a good time to prove that political activism CAN be
achieved WITHOUT seeing the city get turned upside down and inside out
on national, if not international, television.

We can't really do anything about suicide bombers and other terrorists
wanting to cause harm, but we can take care of our own so the police
can concern themselves with the suicide bombers and other terrorists
WITHOUT having to worry about what we'll do too.

Just my opinion...

--
Pat Cook
Denver, Colorado