Yay, its good news, here were my thoughts on it:

My main question is whether the h264 versions will also be easily
available to download from the youtube site, as this will mean quite a
change in not just the format, but also youtube's whole tendency to
shy away from letting people legitimately download youtube videos.

Cheers

Steve Elbows