around the 11/6/07 Jay dedman mentioned about [videoblogging]
Mpeg/Flash questions that:
>I'm looking for a proof of concept and need someone
>experienced in both MPEG and Flash. Specifically, I
>want to learn how to have an MPEG video make an http:
>call to retrieve an external graphic. For example,
>pulling something like this -
><http://www.google.com/intl/en_ALL/images/logo.gif>http://www.google.com/intl/en_ALL/images/logo.gif
>
>-
>dynamically (i.e. from the client viewing the video),
>not embedding it. Once this works, the next step is to
>learn how to convert the media to Flash and have the
>same experience (i.e. retrieve image via HTTP, etc)

this is easy to do in QT, for example using LiveStage Pro (which is
now I think vapourware but some of us still have working copies). in
QT you would do it via XmL, the movie would call in an XML file, it
can contain whatever - in your case the url of a graphic - and you
would map a sprite to that value: the sprite retrieves the graphic
and displays it. If you needed you could also resize the sprite based
on width/height of the graphic.

don't have a clue how to do it in flash :-)

btw, a master's student of mine (David Wolf) made a work that loads
jgs from flickr some time ago. The link to the work seems broken, but
the third work does much the same thing: <URL:
http://dpwolf.net/blogarchive/000271.html > and <URL:
http://dpwolf.net/blogarchive/000272.html>
--
cheers