Simon,

The notion of 'fame' seems to be transforming these days.  My first response
to your initial question, though, would have been to point you to Jay
Dedman.  (I just now ran a Google search for the term 'dedman' and see that
Jay's vlog/site Momentshowing is currently the third listed result; perhaps
it will soon be the top-listed, or perhaps it has been already, or perhaps
this is simply a digression.)  I believe Jay started this particular forum,
or at least was instrumental in doing so, and he's certainly one of the (if
not *the*) hardest-working vloggers in the universe.  (See his & Joshua
Paul's book, Videoblogging, for further evidence of his role in educating
the world about his particular favorite form of artmaking.)

Plus, his lovelife is a story everyone can be moved by, in one way or
another.  (And it has to do with vblogging!)

Harold