I've been thinking about this too.

My main hesitation has been the quality of their flash encoding, but
I'm going to put all of Trace Garden up there in the next month or so
(unless it looks like their h.264 option is coming REALLY soon and
allows for direct uploads). It doesn't replace the kind of focused
community, dialog, and presentation of vlogging, but its there and
people watch.

YouTube could be a great way to promote the kind of vlogging most of
this group practices - as long as the url is in a video, the curious
will visit the site for the full experience and the other things on
offer. So I think of it as a clip venue and a promotional outlet - but
not a replacement for the site of an actual vlog project.

Brook

Brook Hinton
film/video/audio art
www.brookhinton.com <<vlog links are here