No.  That's why it's E and not P.  E just handles DV.  Not many
differences between Express and Pro for the casual user - but that's
one of them.
Since you don't need the full power of the latest Final Cut Studio,
you could try to get hold of a second hand copy of an earlier version
of FCP.  Also, I understand that (shockingly) some people actually
use illegal pirate copies of FCP4 or 3 or 2 all of which do most of
the things that FCE does and more.