Hi Amy,
Great idea.  Great adventure...
I'm subscribed, now.

Gena has great advice.  I would also say to always remember the
networks online, where you can ask questions and shoot the breeze and
connect with some of your viewers.  As well as asking questions here
and joining facebook, flickr, etc - join Twitter. You can keep up
with it via your cellphone as well as online.  And add ruperthowe and
then look for the other vloggers I talk to and add them too.  Then
they'll add you back and will hear what you say, and you can chat and
ask questions at all times of day and night and tell people when
you've posted another film.  It's social networking at its lightest
and most immediate.

You're going to be posting a lot, too - so you need to get your
workflow down and speed up your processes, cos otherwise you'll spend
your whole life editing, compressing and uploading video, nevermind
the shooting and the maintenance of the blog.  It can be a real
hassle.  There are lots of tips for good ways to do things at
freevlog.org.  It can be *super* lightweight - I shoot and cut on my
phone and email the video over a wifi connection to Blip, who then
automatically crosspost it to my Blog.  But I'm sure you'll want more
camera and editing power than that.  Play with it, see what you can
streamline so that it's more fun than chore.
Have fun :)

Rupert
http://twittervlog.tv/
http://feeds.feedburner.com/twittervlog/