I had a fan that started making noise and Apple fixed it under
warranty. Luckily I followed their suggestion and backed up (actually
cloned my HD with CarbonCopyCloner) because, for some reason, they
felt the need to erase the hard drive while replacing the fan.

On 7/12/07, Mark Day <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  Also, it's so beautifully designed (and I'm no Mac zealot at all....)  that
>  once one of the fans on it started making an annoying, audible whirr, it was
>  like hearing a supermodel fart.  I've got used to it, and I suspect it may
>  be a not-unusual-occurrence.

HD, at least HDV HD, is the same bit-rate as DV. So unless you're
using the Apple Intermediate Codec, it isn't going to take up any more
room than DV. That said, I've always got external HDs on my desk
filled with video. BTW, my older MacBook Pro came with an 80GB HD vs.
the 160GB HD in the newest version.

>  ALso, if you plan on editing HD footage, and don't want to lug an external
>  drive about with you everywhere, get the biggest hard drive they offer and
>  plan on putting a bigger one in later.  I've yet to schedule that operation,
>  but if you're ever likely to have more than some short vlog footage
>  captured... you're going to need a bigger boat.  Or am I wrong here?

- Verdi

--
http://michaelverdi.com
http://spinxpress.com