this is what creative has said
"As regards to your enquiry, I do understand you would like to convert
> your mp4 or mov files using Creative software.
>
> I would like to inform you that it is not possible as Creative software
> only supports AVI, MPEG-1/2/4-SP, Windows Media? Video (WMV) 9,
> Motion-JPEG, DivX?2 4 and 5 and XviD3.
>
> Therefore, you would need to have a third party software to convert
> those formats.
"
yea, but
"To play back .MP4 and .M4V files in your PC, it is necessary to
download and install QuickTime or other 3rd party video players.
"
<snip> got QT 7.2
"
You can use Creative Video Converter (Creative Media Toolbox) to
transcode."

quoted from http://asia.creative.com/support/kb/article.asp?l=3&sid=11043

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Heath" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<snip>
> --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "tom_a_sparks"
> <tom_a_sparks@> wrote:
> >
> > I have just downloaded QT7.2 and update my version of QT
> > and yes the creative video converter crashs (Modname: ctqtsf.ax)
> > I have contact creative (awaiting reply)
<snip>