Had a great time this weekend guys! shall finally have time to edit
some footage tomorrow as I have been overloaded with work since I got
back. Looking forward to next year! whats it gonna be Paris? Annecy?
Copenhagen? :)

Thank all you guys for organizing the event and see you soon!

cheers

Gabe B.

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey Taylor"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Just thought I'd communicate a bit with everyone to "complete" Vlog
Europe
> 2007, say some things that should be said, and tell you about what's
next.

> First, the links:
>
> Video uploads from the event: http://vlogeurope.blip.tv There's more
tagged
> videos to see at: http://blip.tv/posts?search=vlogeurope07 , which we'll
> move over to the main site as soon as we can.
>
> You can see the photos pouring in on the flickr site here:
> http://flickr.com/photos/tags/vlogeurope07/
>
> Next, the weekend:
>
> We had a great event. Halle_02, our venue, was fantastic, and we were
> thrilled to broadcast the event with our sponsor BlogTV.com and see some
> visitors that couldn't make it to Heidelberg like Richard Bluestein,
David
> Howell, and about 100-150 others throughout the day. We couldn't
record the
> sessions on BlogTV due to technical limits within Firefox (crashed our
> browsers every time we hit record), but there is footage of the sessions
> that will eventually make it to the Blip site.
>
> We covered a lot of ground in the sessions on Saturday, including
Aske Dam's
> presentation on evolving public media, the inevitable money
conversation,
> great software/gear discussions that included presentations from our
sponsor
> Sanyo on the Xacti, and a really great session in which we curated our
> favorite videoblogs in real-time. We were a small group, but the
> conversations were among the most powerful I have seen in a conference
> setting and everyone played a starring role as the day unfolded.
>
> Day 2 was a "Vlog Treasure Hunt" in Heidelberg. I could say lots on
this but
> think Jan's video explains it best: http://blip.tv/file/364227/ The
video
> results are trickling in as we get home and have editing time.
>
> Some things to say:
>
> Firstly. I don't think Deirdré Straughan and Andreas Haugstrup
Petersen were
> thanked enough for their organization of VlogEurope '06. Having just
done
> this one, I understand what a major undertaking this is and have
oftentimes
> thought about how little gratitude you two received in return. Your
efforts
> were not unnoticed and were most definitely not taken for granted.
>
> Next, we really want to thank our sponsors BlogTV.com , the Sanyo
Xacti and
> Voicebank, TechSmith Screencasting software, and Blip. All of you
have been
> really great to us, really easy to work with and have taken a true
stand for
> the videoblogging community. Your support will pay dividends that
have only
> begun to unfold.
>
> I also want to thank Joel Carner (http://joelart.blip.tv) for
opening up his
> well-appointed home to us, giving up lots of time for the event, and for
> getting it together.
>
> Also thanks to Jan McLaughlin (http://fauxpress.blogspot.com) for
jumping in
> and getting all the audiovisual issues handled.
>
> And Raymond Kristensen (http://dltq.org) is someone all of you
should know.
> I don't know anyone else more committed to videoblogging in Europe.
He spent
> the entire weekend creating a foundation for a bigger, better and more
> impactful Vlog Europe, and I really look forward to helping him
fulfill his
> goal of having a strong independent videoblogging organization in
Europe.