Hi everyone:

On 10/4/07, Gena <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Pat, I'm a little puzzled because I did have a camcorder that
> recorded in .asf WMM2 handled it just fine.

My problem with Movie Maker is unrelated to this issue, though it's
doubtful that even if it didn't have any other issues that it'd be
able to open it.

> It is a M$ format.

According to GSpot it is.  Got a screen capture @
http://www.geocities.com/againsthestorm/gspotreadondigitalcamvideo.jpg

I posted a 90 second sample video @
http://www.qsl.net/kb0oxd/IMAG0003.ASF (DOWNLOAD the video DO NOT
stream it).  If need be, I can repost it in the files section.

> But when I went to the website they clearly state that it digital
> video is in .mp4.

My cam records in ASF format.

> Hmmm. Here is what I think you should do. Get a free copy of Square5
> MPEG Streamclip http://www.squared5.com
>
> Streamclip can't open .asf but it can handle .mp4 If that doesn't work
> (and I think it will cuz it is a dang good program) there are other
> options.

Totally useless to me unless it has the ability to add special effects
(Such as text) like Movie Maker does.

> One of those is an on-line converter like the one at
> http://media-convert.com Just upload the video and download an
> converted copy in the format of your choice. MC can convert from .asf
> and .mp4 as well as others.

It encountered an error during the conversion process (I tried
converting to WMV).

Hope this helps....

Cheers :D

--