Ric Silver, the choreographer of the Electric Slide, says he spent
three years contacting 17,000 Web sites about what he says is their
"incorrect portrayal" of the famous line dance. Silver also told
YouTube to take down a number of videos showing the dance, including
one clip of a concert filmed by Kyle Machulis.

Machulis sued Silver for copyright abuse. As part of the settlement,
Silver agreed to allow the video to be reposted with a tagline
crediting him for the choreography, but he now says he's waiting for
paperwork from the Library of Congress that will allow him to open new
lawsuits over clips like Machulis's.

"I can't go to every wedding and bar mitzvah in the country, so this
is all I can do to make sure people learn it right," Silver said.

--
http://geekentertainment.tv