Im reasonably sure video editing on the pocketpc will get better, but
Im not sure if windows mobile is likely to be the dominant pocket os
in the future, the pocketpc is getting battered from all sides these days.

I think it might be more likely that editing capabilities will be
built into more camcorders etc in future. And if there is a future
iphone that records video, or some other mobile mac device that makes
use of multitouch screen, we could be in for a treat.

On the camcorder front I suppose its feasible that the cameras of the
future will be wifi enabled.

In the meantime, I think nokia mobile video editing stuff possibly has
the largest potential audience right now, in terms of number of people
who buy nokia phones, but this may not be so true in the USA, and the
lack of touchscreen or large enough screen is a hindrance.

I dunno, I guess its one of those things that would be incredibly
useful if done right, but only a very small %age of people who buy
suitable devices will actually use this feature. I havent ended up
using the basic video editing on the nokia N95 much yet, its just a
tad too painful, but I guess I would use it if I were travelling the
world or taking speedvlogging to an extreme.

If the economy doesnt slow development pace, I think we are about to
see mobile devices of all kinds reach a new level of useability, so
the next few years should see some of these hopes come true.

Cheers

Steve Elbows

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Cook"