Hi everyone:

On Nov 8, 2007 2:08 PM, bordercollieaustralianshepherd
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> An idea ...
>
>  If you sympathize with the WGA (workers rights - fair wages, in
>  general. Unions in particular) call your cable/satellite TV provider.
>  Tell them that you do not want to pay a premium for reruns, old
>  movies, JUNK, and cancel the service. Be clear! You are canceling
>  until the strike ends and new programing (not the stuff pulled from
>  shelves in desperation) is back on. Period Exclamation Point (Your
>  vocal punctuation, dear reader if you so choose to be dramatic).

Here's an EVEN BETTER idea - Just don't watch TV except for the news
and sports channels.  If the writers see the Internet as the next Gold
Rush and flock over in droves AND the rest of the world gets a
computer (I hear Dell is selling used ones rather CHEAPLY via Goodwill
nowadays), the studios will have NO CHOICE **BUT** to adapt to the
online world.

If they don't, they'll just simply be rendered irrelevent and the TV
set will go by way of their radio counterparts whey they, way back in
1962, were finally dispensed with as a vehicle for broadcasting such
genres of programming like comedies, dramas and the like.

As a collector of Old Time Radio shows (And a sprinkling of Old TV
shows as well), I can see another day like that Sunday Night back in
September 1962, only with television being the medium to finally give
up the ghost in lieu of computers, the Internet and other digital
mediums (Both online AND offline).

But then again, what do I know?

Just my opinion :D

--